Program Manager – Energy
This position is responsible for the full spectrum of energy management strategies at CarMax, working with internal CarMax teams and external vendors to implement and sustain energy efficiencies in support of and alignment with business strategy.
• Analyze energy consumption metrics to identify and prioritize opportunities to sustain energy savings.
• Assess financial viability, prioritize and implement operational changes/upgrades to reduce energy consumption, including HVAC upgrades, lighting retrofits, building envelope enhancements, demand response and control strategies, and use of new and innovative technologies.
• Advise and support internal CarMax teams (Design, Facilities, and Construction) in identifying, scoping, prioritizing, and implementing energy efficiency improvements.
• Provide clear and concise reporting of all energy activities, metrics and achievement.
• Complete and/or manage energy audits and benchmarking, greenhouse gas inventories and sustainability reporting.
• Manage development of accurate utilities budgets, and provide associated monthly reporting.
• Coordinate internal partner and external vendor support and activities.
• Design and implement an awareness program that publicizes successes and encourages conservation strategies and practices.
• Support other waste reduction and efficiency improvement activities and programs as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Years of experience: Five to seven years of experience with energy conservation, energy management or energy engineering preferred
Education preference: B.S. in engineering (mechanical or industrial) or similar field preferred
Certification: Certified Energy Manager a plus
Knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical, mechanical, lighting, building automation and control systems; utility metering and invoicing; and energy management systems.
Knowledge of energy efficiency/conservation principles and practices in building systems.
Knowledge of energy economics, including simple payback and life cycle analysis.
Strong analytical skills, including the distillation and analysis of significant amounts of data.
Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
Ability to develop clear and concise written instructions about technical information
Computer skills: strong Excel skills required, solid Word and PowerPoint skills, able to easily find/filter information on the internet
Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines while developing and aligning resources and projects with strategic plans