Manager – Employer Branding
The Manager, Employer Brand Marketing is responsible for developing and leading the execution of a holistic employer brand strategy and marketing plan to drive differentiation, awareness and consideration of CarMax as an employer of choice across paid, earned and owned channels. The Manager, in partnership with key internal partners and external agencies, will lead superior and measurable employer brand marketing initiatives to drive high quality candidates and meet company recruiting and talent goals. The manager serves as an innovative marketing leader with a passion to acquire and engage world-class talent.
• Define CarMax’s employer brand and associate value proposition; develop segmented brands for targeted job families.
• Ensure employer brand and materials are aligned with corporate brand standards and are authentic to the CarMax culture.
• Procure and manage external agency (or agencies) for strategy and execution of employer brand initiatives.
• Research and evaluate talent acquisition trends, new technologies and competitive landscape; identify opportunities to differentiate CarMax’s employer brand.
• Manage employer brand positioning across all channels.
Marketing Planning & Execution
• Participate on Recruiting Leadership Team and consult with business partners regularly to ensure comprehensive understanding of business recruiting needs and priorities.
• Develop measurable marketing plans to drive awareness, interest, consideration, and applicant volume.
• Develop plans to address the unique needs and drive applicant volume for hard-to-hire audiences, markets, locations and/or positons.
• Develop, manage and execute comprehensive employer brand social media strategy across targeted channels, including Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition team to manage recruiting media/advertising spend based on budget and business hiring needs.
• Partner with insights and analytics team to develop measurement plan, clear KPIs, and reporting dashboard.
• Monitor effectiveness of channel advertising (lead generation, conversion, hires) and ensure channels are driving applicants to targeted positions and markets.
• Monitor performance and optimize strategy accordingly.
• Broadly communicate plans and results to all relevant stakeholders.
• Oversee employer brand marketing creative and brand design that attracts target candidates.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition team leads on management of existing creative and identify opportunities for refreshed employer brand content.
• Oversee employer brand assets and ensure up-to-date positioning, logos, images, and company info on all materials through regular cadence of review.
• Manage and evolve Careers Website.
• Lead establishment of new creative campaigns for a variety of channels (landing pages, digital, social, online banners, store banners, print materials, etc.).
• Manage third party recruiting vendors (Indeed, Career Builder, etc.) and marketing vendors to create and launch content.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition and Marketing Services teams to open work orders with internal and external media and creative teams.
• Write strategic briefs to clarify the goals and messaging priorities of executions and provide input throughout the development process.
• Keep stakeholders updated on progress and final outcomes.
• Ability to develop a marketing strategy supported by research and data.
• Experience with a range of marketing channels (broadcast, digital, direct marketing, collateral, etc.).
• Experience with brand insights, brand positioning and value propositions.
• Excellent storytelling abilities across a variety of channels, including video, social, Career websites, advertising, events, earned media, etc.
• Marketing experience utilizing social media platforms Facebook, LinkedIn and Glassdoor.
• Strong business acumen & understanding of performance metrics.
• Experience managing a marketing budget.
• Extensive experience leading cross-functional teams across different levels and functions, building relationships & motivating team members.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think logically & creatively to develop solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail and organization.
Prior experience in the duties as described. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four year BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business Communications or related field; MBA preferred.
• Four to six years of marketing experience.
• Retail experience is a plus.