Automotive Repair Specialist II
Automotive Repair Specialists at CarMax don't have to worry about crammed work spaces, hot shops and other annoyances that don't let them enjoy their work! Quite the contrary at CarMax! You can enjoy great perks like…….a consistent workload, a clean modern facility, free training, high volume, a large variety of vehicles…..and much more! If you are team oriented, have the qualifications listed below and enjoy a high-volume, fast paced work environment, this position may be for you!
Under general supervision, Auto Repair Specialist II responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing domestic and foreign vehicles, ordering and maintaining parts and supply inventories, performing minor cosmetic repairs, and performing customer contact functions during the repair process. Previous automotive repair experience is required; and applicants must be team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing advanced engine performance repairs, electrical systems repairs, manual drive train and axle repairs, brake diagnosis and repair, heating and air conditioning repairs, and steering and suspension repairs.
- Other responsibilities may include the inspection of tires, brakes, batteries, and fluids, oil changes, replacement of air filters, mounting and balancing tires, and identification of frame, rust and flood damage.
- Responsible for delegating and directing the shop’s work flow, handling customer issues/concerns and following up on delegated work tasks.
- Keeps shop and store equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance
- Perform minor cosmetic repairs on internal and CarMax vehicles
- Provide and maintain exceptional customer service through customer contact before, during, and after repairs as defined by CarMax processes.
- Locate, use and control replacement parts and supply inventories
- Follow CarMax standardized work rules
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Complete state inspections when required.
- Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing including opening and closing of repair orders
- Collect service payments and manage payments received for services.
- Use of proprietary and universal software systems including CarMax Electronic Repair Order and Mitchell.
- Provide functional expertise and leadership to other associates.
- Provide general support to other associates and managers in the store, including, but not limited to vehicle condition assessment, vehicle prepping, and vehicle receiving and transferring.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- Refrigerant Recycling License
- ASE Certifications in Steering and Suspension (A4), Brakes (A5), Heating Air Conditioning (A7), Electrical (A6), Engine Repair (A1), Manual Drive Train and Axles (A3), and Engine Performance (A8)
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 pounds
- Speak and listen to customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Combination of office, shop and outdoor environment. May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended period of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Professional Appearance policies.